Thursday, April 05, 2007

Movies last weekend

I'm just now emerging from my food induced coma to be able to put together a (semi) coherent post.

Netflix was nice enough to send out two movies in time for last weekend. I have to say that they were both very good and should have been engrossing. However, I was knitting at the time, and did not give them my full attention. I'll have to watch them again for full effect. First was Al Gore's documentary, An Inconvenient Truth. For the few people who have not heard of this movie, it's a documentary about global warming. Not only as it about as entertaining as a documentary can get, it was very informative and passed the critical thinking test. I couldn't find any flaws in the logic. And Al Gore is a funny guy. At least to me.

The second movie was The Prestige. This is the dueling magician movie. Not only was there some fairly nice eye candy in the form of Christian Bale, but it had a good plot with a very interesting and creepy surprise ending.

Due to my need to see these movies again, I'll not have new movies from Netflix this coming weekend. Perhaps there will be something nice on TV.

Work on the Melon Ball Sock has resumed. The missing stitch was located, albeit without cooperation from the witness. More details to follow.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Missed you last night:( - I'll have to remember to give you your gift when I get back from vaca.

Oh, I loved the Prestige too - and if you haven't seen the Illusionist, check it out;) It's another magician love story.

Unknown said...

Present? Oooh. I love presents.

I did see The Illusionist. It had Ed Norton in it. Sigh.

Reel Fanatic said...

If you had told me in advance that a lecture about global warming by Al Gore would be one of the most entertaining movies of the year, I never would have believed, but you're right .. it was fun to watch as it was thoroughly terrifying