Monday, April 23, 2007

Confessions of a bored civil servant

I have a serious fear of commitment when it comes to the Rock and Weave socks. I can't decide on buttons for the darn things. I've spent countless (well, far too many) minutes staring at the selection of buttons at my local Jo-Ann and can't pick four lousy little pieces of metal to close the socks. I mean, are four buttons that embody my personality as well as my passion for knitting really too much to ask?

I also have another confession. Perhaps you already know. I knit on the Shabbat. If I believed in hell, I'm sure I'd be going there because you can't roll on Shabbos, and you certainly can't knit. But I do my best and most prolific knitting on that day of rest. Sometimes I'm a bad Jew.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Knitterary said...

Try going to secondhand stores and shopping the sweaters/blouses for buttons. You'll get a much more varied selection that way.

Rebecca F said...

The actual prohibition (as for as memory serves) is against working on Shabbat.

It seems to me that if knitting isn't work, you shouldn't worry about it.

It's not like we have to knit in order to provide for ourselves and our families. It is a hobby, a rest and relaxation.

Don't stress over it. :)