And then last week came an ad for 2.5 pound Bag's o' Crap from Dontbuynewyarn.com. They are an offshoot of Cherry Tree Hill. The bag was advertised to contain over a kilogram of discontinued Classic Elite yarn for $25. At the retail price of Classic Elite, I thought I'd only need something like three good skeins that I can actually use to get my money's worth. So I threw caution to the wind and ordered one.
Today my Classic Elite Bag o' Crap arrived.I am impressed. Really. I like more than half of this stuff. Not all of it is labeled, but I seem to have gotten:
- Some patterns I am totally uninterested in.
- Two skeins of Minnie. This can make a nice scarf.
- Four skeins of LuLu. It sucks. Something had to.
- Two skeins of something I cannot identify. It's at least aran weight and 8 or 10 plies of several colors. But it's soft.
- Two skeins of a very springy 100% wool in a cream color. It says "Remateks" with the numbers 3238 and 7202. It's nice.
- 4 skeins of what I believe to be Bubbles in two colors. Not bad.
- Two skeins of BamBoo in pink. it's nice and I'll certainly do something with it.
- Two skeins of Fame in different colors.
- Two skeins of Classic Silk. This is the real highlight. I was already planning on getting more and doing a striped sweatshirt type thing out of it. Now I have a head start