Friday, February 01, 2008

A yarn is born

It's a birthday today, so I baked a cake.
Today the Amazing E and I took a road trip to the metropolis of Baltimore. This trip was not just for my cultural enrichment (although is was an enlightening experience, driving for the first time through the downtown of an Eastern city).

Baltimore is clearly a government oriented city. If you've ever lived in a state or national capitol or worked in a very important government job, you understand. A lot is going on, very little accomplished for all the show. As we drove into town, I understood all the indications of this; streets don't make any sense. They don't go anywhere, they are impeded by all types of fuckall, and they are lined with buildings disoriented to production. A-a-a-a-nd. The parking meters don't work. Don't ask how I know.

So I left E with the truckster and went to the state office building. After only spending a shockingly short 30 minutes in ineffectual lines, I was instructed to the correct lines where I was able to register Rock Creek Yarns as a business in the state of Maryland.

That's right. I am a business owner. Not that I yet have any wares to sell. Please look for those in about four weeks.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: