Monday, February 25, 2008

Tick, tick

There's nothing like waking up to a beautiful morning, kissing your husband as he leaves for work, getting in the shower and...

Finding a deer tick in your armpit while shaving. Man, that sucker holding on tight. I couldn't even figure out what it was until I pulled it off and took a good look. A good look that was followed by a shrieking, hand flapping dance in the shower.

E and I went for a walk in the woods yesterday to see the maple tree tapping at the local maple syrup festival. I'm sure it got on me then. I'm just really grossed out that it was on me for almost 24 hours without me noticing. Deer ticks are the ones that spread Lyme disease. Fortunately I have a doctor appointment in a couple of days, and I'll ask her for a dose of antibiotic to prevent getting sick.

Time keeps ticking away on these Oriel Lace Blouse sleeves. I picked them up not long ago, and have a mission to get as much done on this mournfully long lived UFO before my energy for it runs out. I'd at least like to finish the sleeves. They're almost done. I started shaping the sleeve caps tonight.

2 comments:

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Ick! Hope the tick didn't bring any Lyme disease. The sleeves are beautiful!

(This is E's friend Katie. Nice to meet you!)

Kris said...

Sure...okay... yeah, a maple festival? I'm not believing that for a sec;)