Thursday, January 24, 2008

Murmers

Three kinds of news is being murmured around here. It's just not loud enough so you'd know.

First the bad news. Someone who shall remain nameless thinks I have "enough" yarn. The nameless person saw me hunting through my stash for an hour the other night while I was looking for my 9" Denise cable that I needed to start a new hat. I need a hat. I'm the only knitter on the earth without a winter hat, and my sister gave me alpaca. So there. I was going to cast on a hat. But before I could start doing that, I had to find out which UFO the cable was currently holding onto. During the hunt, I unpacked and repacked each box and bag of yarn I have. Yeah, it was in the last one. Anyway, after I found it, this person who I thought understood me so well asked two questions. The first was the afore mentioned "enough" question. The second question was, "how many projects do you have on the needles now?" I think that the answers to the two questions are self evident through circular reasoning.

Don't worry now, I still love this person. Perhaps this problem comes from the fact that his dad has a pair of custom made wool socks, and he does not. He'll change his tune when he is converted. Now, I wonder, where is my other set of size 1.5 DPN's? I have a new project I need to cast on...

The second type of news is the good news. I've found my base yarns. You may be pleased to know that I will definitely be offering a 3-ply ultramerino superwash sock yarn. I'm also thinking of a superwash/bamboo blend and alpaca in fingering weight. I'm also playing around with the laceweight and silk ideas.

This takes me to the third news. St00-pid news. This is my fault. I cannot decide on a name for my yarn, and therefore cannot file the papers. That's right. I am holding up the show. Nah. I'll blame this cold for at least a day more. grumble.

1 comment:

La Petite Tricoteuse said...

I would think "The Merry Gentlemen" would be an obvious choice for names, but that is just me.