Friday, January 25, 2008

Beautiful things

I'm getting ready to sign off of computers and things for the evening, but first wanted to show you the beautiful things that have bloomed in our home this week.

I've done a lot of work on the Annetrelac socks. Three rows of blocks are done. I love how the yarn was spaced dyed. By some miracle, each block takes almost exactly one color repeat. The result is these nearly uniform striped blocks. This is a beautiful surprise. Wow. One of my orchids is blooming as well.
Oh. Oh. Oh. I almost forgot. The Manly Socks and Crapotee were gifts for Dad-E and Mom-E. They got them yesterday, and are tickled.

Off to finish the Shabbat cooking. I'm trying to make my own bread.

2 comments:

Kris said...

ooooo...love.Love.LOVE how the stripes are popping up!

Maven said...

Love that color way/variegated!