Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ups and downs

As you have surmised by now, I do live a fairly interesting life. At times it's been very good and very bad, and certainly very varied. I'm told by friends that I should eventually make good on my threat and write a book. Perhaps one day I shall. My life is very rich and full, and I am grateful to G-d for the good parts, the great parts, and even the crappy parts when He grants me the wisdom to turn them into learning experiences or opportunities for growth.

Aside from the extraordinary happenings I seem to find myself involved in, daily life in itself is busy. I manage to be a single woman with a full time job, pay a mortgage, and be working on a Master's degree all while finding time to have a social life with some very good knitting buddies. However, it does take nearly all of my emotional resources to manage that life. And so I have days like yesterday. When my normal routine is significantly interrupted, I get a little...taxed.

So today I'm reflecting on the wonderful things I do have in my life.
  • Despite having gone from very much liking my job to what is probably an irreconcilable hatred of it, I do still have a job doing something that I want to do for my career.
  • My hard work at school will one day pay off.
  • The Amazing E has swept me off my feet. I will be visiting him this weekend, even if I feel like I'm going for a B.C. in the D.C. I will try to be a good girl.

Lastly, I am grateful for my friends. We had a great time at Knifty Red's place last night doing knitterly things, eating, and of course gossiping (about me and E of course).

2 comments:

Kris said...

hahahah-blaaaa....bc in dc

niaskywalk said...

I don't get "B.C. in D.C." could someone email me the translation?