Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What I want

I'm going to whine now.

I want to hide in my house for a few days and knit. Actually, I want to hide on the beach and knit. That's all. To knit and pretend there's nothing else going on. I really need a vacation, and my scheduled one cannot come soon enough.

I'm reflecting this morning on the last six months. Wow. I've been stressed out, and I know that it's been a combination of my job, my health, and the confluence of the two. Fortunately, today is my last day at the Village. I am supposed to start two months of consulting at a locally based gigantic corporate entity tomorrow. Too bad I can't take some time off. I have a list of complaints right now, like that there will be a pause in my health care because of the transition, that the project manager at the new job has not told me where to meet him tomorrow, that I am tired from my weekend with E, and that I have a paper due on Thursday. The good news is that this shitty job is done, that the new one will be lower stress and allow me to work only 4 days a week, and that I'm not as sick as I thought. I'll get better soon.

One more day. Just one more day. I can do this.

2 comments:

Knitterary said...

Oh, doll, you have been through it lately. No wonder you're stressed.

But look on the bright side. You've got a man who actually finds yarn shops for you. That's the freaking holy grail of knitter's mates.

Anonymous said...

A man that takes you to knitting shops, can you please sign my husband up?!