Thursday, July 05, 2007

Feeling (almost) human

Here I am, sitting at my very stupid important government job bored and uninspired to do anything above and beyond. Huge sidewalk grant went in last Friday. Next one not due for some time. The government powers that be have recruited me to plan a 5K which will take place next weekend. In fact, you can sign up here. It's only $10, and you get a free shirt. I think a group of jogging knitters would make a fine spectacle.


Getting back to it, I am bored at work. I have no big grant to work on right now, and I am able to think about something other than my guts for the first time in at least three weeks. So just a minute ago a horrifying thought occurred to me. Considering that I've been living with the situation that the thought was about for three years, I am surprised that it hasn't occurred to me before. This is the thought:

My household consists of me, Duncan (on the left), and Scott TC (on the right).
Duncan is named after Duncan Idaho. You get special points if you know who that is. Scott TC is named after toilet paper. For real. My first inclination when I met him was to name him Nimoy, as he closely resembles a Jewish Vulcan. However, when he got to my home he revealed his favorite hobby to me. That being taking bites out to rolls of toilet paper and spitting them into a pile on the floor until his mouth gets to dry or the paper supply is exhausted.
Back to my terrible thought. I am outnumbered by my cats. It's two against one. Dun dun dun.

No comments: