Thursday, July 05, 2007

Knit knit knit

So I've been home a lot lately. It's helped. After a weekend of doing almost nothing plus a couple days off from work this week, I actually had the energy and stomach constitution to go to the 4th of July festivities hosted by the Froebe Fibers ladies last night. Now I am tired again, and I'm leaving for work in a few minutes.





I say I've done almost nothing because my days have included alternately sleeping, laying about, and knitting. Perhaps Blogger will let me put pictures up now...

Well, it looks like the blogging gods smiled on me a little. I was able to upload this one photo, but I really wanted to show you more.

This is the front of the Oriel Lace Blouse. Nice, huh? In other knitting news, I FINALLY FINISHED JAYWALKERS! Really. After actually finishing a pair of socks made from the Tofutsies yarn, my opinion about it has changed a bit. First of all, it makes comfortable socks. I wore them yesterday. However, the yarn sucks to work with. For one, it stinks. Literally. Secondly, one of the plies is really thin and was broken in many places. Also, I found no less than three knots during the course of knitting one sock. Consequently, there are many weaved in ends in my socks. Not nice. I hope that their quality control improves, because this could be very nice sock yarn. But it was a pain to knit with.

2 comments:

Kris said...

The lace blouse is looking lovely.

Lillysmuul said...

I 'm just starting the Oriel Lace blouse. Your pic looks nice!