Friday, May 09, 2008

Summer of Socks 2008

I've signed up to take part in Summer of Socks, 2008. My goals are modest, I guess. I would like to do five pairs of socks. I doubt I'll get five done, but this is my goal. Right now I barely have a week's worth of comfy handmade socks to wear, so I'll be making four for myself and one for E. After he got is birthday present socks, he's decided the big deal I make about knitting my own is worth the energy. I guess now I have to decide on the yarn. One of my other goals is to knit all the socks only from my sock yarn collection.

You too can sign up if you like. Follow this link. Sign up ends, I think, on May 15h.

In related and very exciting news, Rock Creek Yarn is one of the sponsors of the contest. I'll be donating a skein of sock yarn in Cherry Blossom for a prize.

And now for the important part. From now until the end of Summer of Socks, you can get 15% off your sock yarn purchase on the website. Enter sos2008 at checkout.

1 comment:

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Ooh, thanks for the link. I just signed up. I'll be taking my socks to the Bahamas, so maybe I'll have a chance in the vacation sock contest...