Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hand Dyed Sock Swap

GhostKnitter rocks.

Yesterday I received my package from the Hand Dyed Sock Swap on Ravelry from GhostKnitter. I've never done a swap before, and I'm tickled. The package is summer flower themed. This is what she sent me.

The green socks are made of a yarn she spun made of 100% South African Fine. It's a neat drop stitch pattern. Also in the package are dahlia seeds, scented soap, a flower candle, blueberry coffee, a skein of hand dyed yarn from Mary Jane's Attic, a big Cadbury's chocolate bar, and a pattern for Parallel Socks. I might add that to my SoS list.

The socks fit perfectly. GhostKnitter must be a very nice person. I mean, to send someone you don't know a pair of handknit socks made from your own handspun? Awesome. Now I'm looking forward even more to sending out my package to my Canadian buddy.

I can't believe that I haven't posted since Tuesday. Things have been so busy. Last week I was dyeing and dyeing yarn, then went to Chicago for a day, then came back and did a fiber show. I'll tell you about that later. It was great.

2 comments:

Vilde said...

Hi, there! I met you at the fiber festival yesterday. Just wanted to say that I love the yarn and I'm excited to see what you do next!

And wow - what a great swap buddy you got!

Kris said...

wow.

That's awesome!