Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I thought it was the end.

For four or five days until yesterday it rained cats and dogs here. We got something like six inches of rain. Schools closed, roads were impassible, and sink holes opened in the earth swallowing homes up. Quite the hellish picture. I was concerned about having to build a boat to save all the Cornish Rexes.

As I've heard in the media, Maryland was in a drought before this rain.

E and I were supposed to go camping this last weekend up in the Shenandoah National Park. We'd been looking forward to it for weeks. But all was not lost. You see, on Friday I got my big old shipment of silk yarn from the mill in India. I'd been waiting for it for weeks. And. Oh my.

I started dying it straight away. But it's still not dry, as it's been out on my porch. Today is sunny though. Perhaps we'll have something interesting tomorrow.

2 comments:

ibcmeir said...

No worries, Jake, Maus & I have the CRex ark ready. We named it "SS Rex Affects".

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Wow! That's a lot of rain. Can't wait to see the silk...