Monday, September 24, 2007

My hope, my disappointment

Observe.

The yarn on the left is my new hope. It is the Gypsy Girl yarn. I will make with it my Monkeys. It now holds my hopes.

Because they have been dashed by the yarn on the right. It's the Trekking. The Trekking is very pretty, but it really sucks. It has no stretchiness of any kind. I just frogged almost an entire sock that I'd knitted of it. Say goodbye to it before it meets its fate. This is a first, a skein of yarn wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. I guess sometimes even little guys like this have to be tried as grown up projects.As for other socks, E's second bribery sock is nearly done and the 100 stitch socks are still coming along one row at a time (although I'm ready to frog them as well).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate Trekking XXL, too. I had the stupid idea of making the Jaywalkers with that crap. They discontinued the color I'm using, and the SNBWB girls assured me I'll have enough. If I don't...I don't care. I won't be buying anymore. YUCK! Your other stuff is bee-u-tee-ful!