Monday, September 17, 2007

Hawai'i: Day One

Here I'm gonna tell you about my trip, day by day. There will even be pictures on most of the posts. I'm 100% exhausted right now, so this will come over the next day or so as I recover. I'm sorry I can't come to knitting this week to tell everything in person. Tonight I am dead, and Wednesday I have Shakespeare tickets. Some of you will hear the stories in person on Yom Kippur this weekend. The rest of you have to wait!

First let me say that things started off sucky. I worked 12 hours on Friday and was pissed off as all hell by the time I was done. I was so crazed that I forgot it was Shabbat (!) and went to bed. Go up Saturday morning and delivered the kitties to my Grandpa's for cat sitting (thanks, Grandpa!) and called the taxi for the airport.

The first flight was to Dallas. The Amazing E got in just after me, and after a short layover we left for LAX, and then Kona. We got into Kona at around 9:30 local time, both of us exhausted. After a small meltdown, we got our luggage and Jeep and left for the hotel, 20 miles to the south.

End day one, tired but in two pieces.

No comments: