Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ow. Ow. Ow

It's a love/hate relationship. I think these Entrelac socks are beautiful, and I am determined to wear them when they're done. Many thanks to Knifty Red for helping me pick the colors.

But I hate them. They are bad, and are doomed to being a two month sock project that moves in and out of jail the whole time. As you can see, I've figured out how to do the blocks. But this is mercerized cotton on size 1's. In other words, these socks hurt me. They're hard on the hands. And progress is slow, slow, slow.

Speaking of hurting, Insidious seems to be healing. I know I've said it before in the last couple of months, and had a relapse. This time I'm hopeful that with the nasty drugs they've given me, it will go into remission for the rest of the year. The good news is that I'm feeling better, and that I've had therapy that may lead to remission. The bad news is that I've lost a lot of weight and am pretty week. Training for the 3-Day has stopped completely, and I don't think I'm going to be able to catch back up without exhausting myself. So, it's unlikely that I can take part. My doctor thinks I ought not to. Thank you to the people who donated to Komen for the Cure. Your contribution will make a difference in finding a cure for breast cancer.

Lastly, I have to work late tonight and cannot drive down for SnB. I did join the SNBWB girls earlier this week. Before you get all up in the air about the stress and how I ought not inflict more on myself, it's a charity softball game to benefit the after school program where I work. I will be "playing" softball from 4-7pm. Little do my teammates know, I may be sporty but I can't catch a cold.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Oh, those socks are lovely..makes me want to make some.

Sorry we wont see you this week...go kick some butt at the game!

Anonymous said...

cotton? socks? entrelac? girl, you are crazy! :)

La Petite Tricoteuse said...

Rah-rah-sis-boom-bah. I can't catch either, so I was always the cheerleader! Good luck tonight.

Knitterary said...

If it's any consolation, the socks are gorgeous. Feel better soon!