Thursday, June 05, 2008

This time from Panera and without the cats

This could get to be like "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego." I'm at Panera drinking hot coffee and checking my emails to see if there are any orders I can't send out for the yarn shop. For better or worse, there aren't any.

The power is out at our place. It's been out since the storm yesterday, and the local utility says that it might be days to get it on again. Or it could be on when I get home. Who can know? That's the fun of it. The power outage brings with it good news and bad news. First the bad news:

1. I can't show pictures of my new Haggis Throwing socks. I'd been wanting to.
2. I also can't show pictures of the socks I'm sending to my buddy in the hand dyed sock swap. I finished those yesterday, and it required a hammer.
3. I went to the commissary the other day and bought a lot of meat. Fortunately, it's still frozen. I'll be packing the freezer with ice to try to save it.

And the good news:
1. Our electric bills in Maryland are outrageous. At least this month they'll be a little lower.
2. I can't possibly work on my paper, not that I want to. And this is a good excuse.
3. I have a fine excuse today to hang out at the mall, the yarn store, and the coffee shop.

1 comment:

cici said...

Missed you last night. My power came back on last night. It was nice to take a warm shower.