Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A get well soon wish

I send out a getwell soon wish to my grandpa. I know he reads this blog.

Grandpa had a stint put in an artery in his heart the other day, and is at home recovering now. I spoke to him this morning and he is doing well.

My grandpa and grandma, may her memory be a blessing, took care of my four sisters and I after grandpa retired from the machine shop where he worked as a foreman. In his job he helped the US Navy during WWII when his shop was directed to make gun mounts and other ship armaments. Later he worked on the machines to make some of the first silent propellers for submarines during the Cold War. Grandma dedicated her life to her family, and passed away three and a half years ago.

Grandpa is now almost 93 (and reads my blog on the internet). He's a great guy and I love him. His reflections on history and my family that span nearly a century are a treasure. I've learned so much from him. I can still remember the day he taught me to read a clock when I was little.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Grandpa.

2 comments:

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

He'll be in my prayers. I hope he gets well soon!

Anonymous said...

Wish him well and say hello for me. He is truly an amazing man.
Dreamsweaver