Sunday, November 04, 2007

You see, I'm moving in a month

Well, I'm leaving Chicago four weeks from today. We'll stop for a week in the mountains for a honeymoon and then on to Maryland. I started packing last weekend.: I'd like to have so some more time for packing, but first I have to buy some boxes. I suppose I'll do that today.

Over all, this is a good thing. I'm very happy that I'm going to Maryland. I'm thrilled to be marrying such a fantastic man. I'm excited about the wedding. We did move the date and location, but I think it's for the better. The event is basically planned. In these last few weeks, we have to hire the musician and sign the flower contract. And I have two guests I have to call and invite. But that's it.

What stresses me out is the moving. I should have quit my job, I think. Instead, I'm working until 11 days before the wedding. Our wedding budget is small, but I wanted to make sure we didn't have to go into debt for it. Additionally, we'll have to pay my mortgage, such that it is, until the condo sells. I wish I could rent it out month to month. So I decided to work a little r before the move. I thought the money I earn would help, threfore I'm trying to work out a deal in which I continue working for the bastion of capitalism, even on a part time after I leave. It would help, I think, to have something to do during the first couple of months until I find work. And of course a little extra money will help. So I'm trying to prove my worth and commitment to them for the final two weeks.

But packing seems like an enormous job. I'm only taking less than half of my things, but I have to get rid of a lot of stuff. Some of it can be thrown away. It's junk. But other stuff is still good. I'd like to make sure it goes to use. Today I'm putting lots of thing on ebay for sale cheap. And leaving here makes me a little sad. I own my home. I bought it when I was 25, and have lived here for over 5 years. It's my first place I've lived that was my own, and also the place where I've lived longest. At least since I was 9. Leaving is a little sad.

No comments: