Friday, November 09, 2007

Closer and closer

The wedding and the move are almost here.

I quit my job yesterday. (Well technically, I gave two weeks notice almost two weeks ago.) Working was just not leaving with the and energy to do the important things I need to do right now. I'd been trying to impress them, hoping to arrange remote work after I left. You know, to smooth over the transition financially. But that didn't seem to be working out, and I was running myself ragged. (So ragged that my stomach problems have returned). I became certain that I'd get to the wedding day sick, tired, frazzled, and not ready. Now I have time to get things done, and the energy to enjoy this time in my life. I think they're pissed off, but dude, I was a temp and they knew from the start I would leave. I'm trying not to feel too bad about it. I'm almost there.

So I can breathe again! I have three weeks to dedicate to packing, getting wedding plans finalized, taking care of my health, and saying good bye to my friends. Yay!

No comments: