Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bribes

You've never seen E's Bribery Socks! Here's my progress on the first one.
The SockPixie Cornucopia calls for a short row heel. Personally, I don't like short row heels and this might be the last one I do. It's a spiral sock pattern, and the pattern is showing up well when the sock is stretched. And boy this sock can stretch! It's made of Koigu, after all. But it is a very slow knit.

My other projects are still be neglected due to my sock knitting passions. I did actually take out the stash box that holds my Green Tea Raglan. I fully intend to knuckle down and work on it this week. To prove my intentions, I have placed the box on my coffee table. It's the box with the blue knitting. The other box is my sock yarn collection. It overfloweth, and is getting bigger. Yesterday I checked my Paypal account and discovered a small balance there. So I went online yarn shopping. I purchased a hank of a superwash merino/bamboo blend from Zen String. You know I'll do anything for bamboo sock yarn, and they offer free shipping.

Lastly, thanks to the Amazing E, I may have a use for my Loopy Mohair Craziness that came in the January Bag of Crap from the Cherry Tree Hill sale. Look:

He suggested a pillow cover. I think it works! Extra points.

No comments: