Monday, January 15, 2007

To start or not to start

I find myself in a continual knitting dilemma. Should I start a new project, or wait until I am done with what I already have on the needles. Right now I have three (technically five) projects going on. One is of course the mesmerising socks that have taken on a life of their own over the last four months.... (rant police edit)

The second is the lovely fair isle sleeved sweater from Vogue Knitting, (and no, that ain't me in the picture. The sweater isn't done yet). I started that one on Christmas weekend, and I only have one and a half sleeves to go. Lastly, I felt the need to rid myself of the mistake yarn from the grab bag, so I started making a messenger bag out of it. We will not mention the unfinished crapotee or the tangled up hat in the time out bin.

My unhappiness with the bag and loathing to touch the devil socks leave me with only the sweater to work on for my fixes. I am tempted to open the stash and begin something else to ease my desire to have a satisfactory instant gratification project underway.

Am I the only one with this disease? I am powerless before the lure of a new project, and my knitting has become unmanageable.

1 comment:

Kris said...

yes...welcome to the club. Sounds like you need a quick knit to satisfy your urge.