Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blown Out

Have you ever started your former exercise routine at full throttle (or half throttle) after a year of being a bump on a log? I did today and now I can't move. You see, I recently exceeded own You Shall Not Pass mark on the scale and figured that my leisurely life of housework, yarn dying, and eating bon bons by the TV must end. Or at least be changed a bit.

It's not that I'm sore. A half mile of swimming does not really make me sore. But I'm tired. So tired I can barely move to knit, sew up the final sleeve on the Green Tea Raglan, or study my readings for my class in Modern Judaism. The swimming has made me tired and hungry, and wanting to sit and eat up the calories I burned this morning.

I have other news. Sad sad news. I'm afraid I have to figure out how to darn my Maimuţă socks. I've been wearing them fairly regularly for several months until yesterday when I discovered this:Observe the symmetrical holes on the balls of the soles. I really liked these socks. The yarn is soft and pretty, and I like the Monkey pattern. They fit so well. Now I have to decided whether to darn them with a needle (which I don't really know how to do) or Darn! them over a garbage can.

3 comments:

La Petite Tricoteuse said...

step away from the garbage can my friend. Just put something sturdy in the sock like a small ball or plastic egg. Then do duplicate stitch starting from just below where the hole starts. Work your way up in duplicate stitch. If the hole is wide you are going to have to 'fake' some stockinette, but it should be intuitive once you start doing it.

Anonymous said...

Add it to your open items action list.

cici said...

Those monkeys are to nice to get rid of, take la petite's suggestion.
I am with you about the excercise thing.. I need to get up and get moving quick!,,, I can't hide behind the jackets or sweaters any longer.