Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is my husband's 28th birthday. We met last year shortly after his birthday, so this is the first time I'm celebrating one with him.

For the last two or three weeks, I've been working on some secret knitting. He's been pretty patient about not getting many knitted things from me, but lately he's been hinting (in a demanding way) that he'd like something hand made from me. Here they are. E's Birthday Socks.
These are just plain old stockinette top down socks. It's made of less than one skein of Rock Creek Yarn's sock yarn in a, well, special colorway we'll call Luck O' the Dyepot. Actually, when developing the Cherry Blossom colorway, I had three skeins that went horribly awry. Hoping I could at least get some use of the yarn, I threw them in the pot, added black and purple dye, and stirred. This is the result. It's actually very nice. I have two skeins left if anyone wants to buy them. Contact me through the store.

And happy birthday, Handsome Husband.

No comments: