Thursday, April 10, 2008

Almost home

The plane got in a little late this afternoon.

I'm back in Maryland. My trip to Chicago was really awesome. Sometimes I forget what good friends I have, but I was really reminded over the last few days. I did so much and saw so many people. I'm afraid this post is a laundry list of affection.

I was first greeted by Aleta, who generously picked me up at the airport. Getting to spend the long drive from Midway to Flossmoor conversing with her (mostly about marriage) was fantastic. It's so great to have someone who has so much success being married to talk to sometimes. She and her Mr. let me spend my first night there in comfort. Unfortunately, I can't give some sort of commercial plug to Aleta, who did I mention started things off right for me?, But maybe I can make up with it by mentioning her husband. Jan Stoler is my accountant. He presented me with my tax return upon arrival. I can't say how pleased I am with that. Seriously, if you need someone to do your taxes next year, call Jan. I can't believe what he did for E and me.

After I went to stay at Tzurriz's (and Mr. and baby Tzirriz's) new house. Tzurriz was my hostess for the five days in town. She and the Mr. were the most gracious and welcoming of hosts. Besides seeing them, I got to babysit Miss Miriam the Cute and Beautiful baby. Really. I've been around babies, and for a three and a half month old, she's pretty easy. And they're doting parents. Every minute I spent with her was a joy. And educational. BTW, Tzurriz, can you talk to my husband about the babysitting?

And then there were the kidnappings by the Grand and Sprawling Jager clan. You all know who you are, even if you are not actually a Jager. But for those of you who do not know, this is the best name I can give to a huge group of lifelong friends I have back in Illinois. In all seriousness, I've known at least some of these people for going on 27 years. And I'm 31. Anyway, they grabbed me a couple of nights and we girls all got to catch up. This was especially important seeing as how I am a member rather newly married.

And I saw Grandpa. I love you, Grandpa.

Lastly, the knitting stuff. There had to be knitting stuff.

First and apology to SNBWB. I got kidnapped. Sorry. But I will make a firm and binding appointment with you all after the silk comes in on one of my trips in May or June. We just have to absolutely make it a date. I miss you all. And I have to brag, seeing as how one of you married me to my honey. I haven't had the chance yet.

Second, I got to see the Tinley Park girls. That brought me a deep and yarny satisfaction. Oh yeah.

Finally. Sigh. E will read this. Tzurriz, Miss Miriam, and I went to Nana's in Oak Lawn. I could not resist. There was damage in the forms of three hanks of Malabrigo lace and Noro Kureon. They both have assignments. Malabrigo is already cast on to a Cobweb shrug. The Noro is destined to be the Stained Glass Bag. So it's really not stash for my husband to worry about, is it?

And now I'm in Maryland. I'll really be home on Saturday when E gets home. I'll pick him up even if it is Shabbat. I miss him so much and hope that G-d will forgive me if I drive out to get him.

2 comments:

Michael Calderin said...

I doubt that's too offensive. Look at it this way, if you don't, E'd be forced to ask someone else to take him home. That would mean two people breaking Shabbas. ;)

Knitterary said...

It was so great to see you!