Tuesday, March 04, 2008

No longer an Illinoisan

Nope.

The Amazing E has been out of town for the last five days for work related things. Never fear, this is not military duty. He's at some medical conference in San Francisco. And guess what? My beautiful sister Eileen is in from London at the same conference. I hear they're hanging out. Cool.

I am here holding down the fort.

Lately I've been pretty out of sorts feeling like I'm not quite transitioned here or have a life of my own. It's been kinda hard, you know? But I'm not here to bitch about that. The Parents E came up to stay with me and keep me distracted during my alone time. And it's been pretty good.

First of all, Duncan is eating solid food again. This is very important. I don't know that it means that he's really going to recover over the long term. But it does mean that he's feeling better for now. The poor little guy has really been feeling crappy. I was actually afraid of losing him while E was gone.

I've also been working on my yarn shop. I have my yarns. I have my dyes. I'm getting to work. The store will be carrying three types of hand dyed yarn straight away. Additionally, I think you'll see fancy schmancy hand made stitch markers. After a little while, I should also be carrying some knitting needles and other things. I'll have both a website and an Esty store to start with. Look for the grand opening announcement here in about two weeks!

And! And! And! As of today I am no longer an Illinoisan. This morning I have up my Illinois plates on the truckster in favor of Maryland plates. And this afternoon...wait for it...my condo sold. I guess I'm really making the transition now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling the condo.
;( about you not being from Illinois. Good news about your visitors and Duncan.
Why didn't you go to SF too. It's a fun town.

When are you returning to Illinois?

Too many questions I know.

Dreamsweaver

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Congratulations on the condo selling, and I'm so glad Duncan is eating. Can't wait to see your yarns!

Michael Calderin said...

Oooh, congratulations on the sale... not the easiest thing to do right now.

Don't feel too set back by the slow transition. Things are moving in the right direction and settling into a new city isn't easy. With time, you'll make it yours. :)

Anonymous said...

And dont forget E and Eileen are all getting together with your SF sister, Peggy, too!

Melissa Binotti said...

So glad to hear that Duncan is doing better!

And that everything else is going well too of course!

- Melissa :)