Thursday, December 27, 2007

Housewife

I know you've been checking here to find out what's going on. I have become a housewife and celebrated Christmas with my family. Both have involved string and happiness.

I don't mean anything bad about that. I'm voluntarily not working outside of the home while I build our little nest out of this bachelor pad. It takes a lot of work! Holy cow. So far I'm spending 8 hours a day at housework. Well, housework and knitting. I'm sure the ratio will change over time to mostly knitting. When that happens, I will go back to work.

As for Christmas, E and I went to Chicago and spent it with my family. We couldn't stay for Christmas day, but we did get to have Christmas Eve with my mother and sisters. It was fun! Really fun. This was the first year in a long time that I can remember the Christmas holiday being enjoyable and relaxing with my family (and not filled with conflict and unhappiness). Thanks, guys!

Along with the general good cheer, we had two new people. Actually, they were two new men, and men are an unusual sight at my family's gatherings. The Amazing E was there, but my sister Eileen's boyfriend also flew in from the UK (Great job, Eileen! He's very cool.)

So what does this all have to do with knitting? Well, let me tell you. First, I've had time to knit. Second, I got YARN for gifts this year. Becca gave me some nice felting wool and a slipper pattern, and Eileen (bless her heart) got me more alpaca to horde. Take a look at the latest knitting:

Clapotis is on the decreases
I have made more progress on the +3 Red Sock of Doom
And finally, it's not a new bra. It's manly socks.

1 comment:

Kris said...

oh yeah...you can totally knit for hubby now that you've snagged him;)