Sunday, September 07, 2008

Semi Finished Object

There are so many things I've meant to put on here lately. The travel induced summer lull in blogging has left a backlog of stuff.

First of all, you'll be glad to know that Hanna was a wimp. She put down about 6" of rain and we had some strong winds, but nothing bad happened. I heard that a few roads were impassible for a short while during the storm, but everything was back to normal today. Even the Rock Creek was not too high this morning when I went for a run over on the trail.

Remember Ravelymipcs? I did my Stained Glass bag for that and felted it the other day. I'm pretty happy with it. I wish I'd had one more skein of yarn, because I rain out of some colors near the end. Some of the small panels on the bottom of the back have color repeats nearby. But they're on the bottom.
It's kinda fuzzy. I'll need to shave it. And it needs some leather straps. But it's done.

In non-knitting news, I've gotten into some more technological things lately. With my new found freedom from school, I've taken up playing on the computer more. I joined facebook while my sisters were in town. They asked me to, and now I can more easily keep in touch with them and some of my friends, too. I even found some people from my cohort at Spertus. Also, E bought the new Spore game today and I started playing it. It's pretty cool, and sure to take away knitting time for the next few days.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Love the colors! good luck finding handles... the little finishing pieces usually takes the longest.

Anonymous said...

Thought you might like this joke:

Did you hear about the cat who swallowed a ball of wool?
She had mittens.

CeliaAnne said...

That turned out beautiful!