Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Excuses, excuses

Yeah, I haven't been posting.

I'll claim illness, because I certainly have been knitting. Although the doctor says my pneumonia is gone, I have a terrible cough that's holding on. I'm currently on my third round of antibiotics for it and am also still in need of strong (read: narcotic) cough syrup sometimes to keep it from destroying me entirely. So I have very little energy. Just enough for some knitting and doing housework. Everything else is on the back burner. Yeah, it sucks.

In the last six weeks I've completed two projects. The first was a baby hat for some friends of ours at shul. They have a little 3 month old girl. She's way too cute, so I made her a winter hat out of one skein in double thickness the Cable-icious BFL yarn. I have to say that it makes for nice baby stuff. It's soft, and retains it's elasticity after washing. Best of all, it's machine washable. Unfortunately, in my excitement I forgot to get a picture before giving it. Hopefully the parents will send me one.

The other project has been Baby Cables and Big Ones Too. I actually got it done in about 5 weeks using 12 balls of Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere. Hopefully E will take a picture of it on me soon and I can put it up here.

And the wrap? Not done in time for the holidays.

3 comments:

Kris said...

sorry to hear that you've been sick..I hope the drugs work.

Now.. cables in cashmere - YUM!

Knitterary said...

I hope you feel completely better soon. In the meantime, just keep knitting! :)

jennifer said...

I do hope you get well soon! You are missed on Wednesday nights at Tangled Skein, though I think we all know you are not well!

We are NOT having another Wednesday Sit & Stitch until January 7th --

BUUUUT we will have one on THURSDAY, January FIRST from 6-9 -- if you're around, I hope we will see you!