Monday, October 01, 2007

What shall I do about my name?

Most of you know, the name of this blog is a homophone for my real name. In a few short months, my name will be changing. Well, it's not really so passive as that. Fortunately in this day and age, I have a choice. We considered not changing my name, thought about him taking my last name (because it's hilarious), and about me changing my name. I have chosen to change both my first and last name. I've been procrastinating on changing my first name for about 10 years. I want to, but I haven't wanted to go through the paperwork.

My given first name is ridiculously Irish and Catholic for a Jewish woman to have. There is a good reason for this. My father's family hails from such Irish places as the Dingle Peninsula and County Mayo (G-d help us!). However, my married name will be Miryam insertridiculouslyjewishlastnamehere.

So what will I do about the name of this blog? Can I change the name and switch over all the content?

4 comments:

La Petite Tricoteuse said...

You certainly *could* change the blog name if you wanted, but you could also keep it as a nom de plume, if you will.

Kris said...

It depends. Do you like the name of your blog as it stands? then keep it. What you have as your legal name shouldn't effect what you post to your blog. However, if you don't think the blog reflects "you" anymore then change it up.

Mandy said...

Yes, what they said. I don't really think I need to retype it, right?

Anonymous said...

I think Miryam is a beautiful name! And your ring is bee-u-tee-ful! Good job you two