Thursday, August 18, 2016

Loch Ness Knitting

I was really sick last fall, and really didn't have a lot of hope for my future.  This wasn't a mood problem, it was existential.  I had a deadly neurological injury and not too many prospects for recover.  As you know, I had dislocated my neck in an unusual way and the neurosurgeons were not too excited about my chances.  Thank G-d, I survived and actually even got a bit better. 

In the midst of it, my husband's friend, who is obsessed who with interested in Scottish culture, found something online about a new knitting festival in Inverness, Scotland and mentioned it to The Amazing E.  E printed the website out and gave it to me as a birthday present.  It was a gift of hope.  He promised he'd send me when I got better.

It's next month, and I have a plane ticket and hotel room booked.  The folds at Virtual Yarns have told me that Alice Starmore is interested in meeting me!  I'm excited. 

I should be knitting my entry in the Nessie monster knitting contest.  They're actually having a contest for that!  I had an idea to spin my own yarn.  Maybe I still will.  Huh.  Wouldn't that be something?  I should get going on it. 

No comments: