Sunday, August 07, 2016

Going to the Fair

It's the time of the year for the local agricultural fair.  There's a fairly competitive and large knitting section at this fair, and last year I entered for the first time.  I entered an Aran sweater I'd knitted for Saul and my Loch Lomond sweater, and did quite well.  Great, if I don't say so myself.  Loch Lomond took first in ladies' colorwork cardigans.  Saul's sweater took first in kids' cabled sweaters, but also a best overall in children's knitted garments.  So I'm entering again.

So far, I'm intending on entering the Na Craga I knitted for Elijah, my Elizabeth of York, Anne of Cleves, the Rosebud Faroese shawl, possibly my Nadine silk tank top, the Aberlady sweater I just finished, my Eala Bhan, and possibly the sweater dress I made Kay last winter.  I'm also rushing to finally finish my Luckentyre.  Wish me luck!

No comments: