Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Proving that I do things other than knitting

It being summer and all, we figured that we needed some sort of window treatments in the bedroom. You know, it cuts back on sleeping time to have daylight streaming into the room before 6am. So off to the fabric store E and I went.

I told E I could do it, even if I'd never made any type of curtain before. He picked the fabric, a striped blue silk dupioni; I picked the design. After working forever to get the hardware properly installed, there is a working Roman shade on one of the two bedroom windows.
Perhaps I'll even make the second one before the days start getting shorter.

4 comments:

Kris said...

I love it! I've been wanting to make a curtain just like that for my kitchen, but just have been a little hesitant on the workings of it all.

Any tips or tricks for doing something like this?

Anonymous said...

Keep it away from the Sparta shades...

Knitterary said...

It's beautiful, and it hangs perfectly.

Melissa Binotti said...

Nicely done!!