Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Name that yarn!

So I've been dying this yarn mostly in Cherry Blossom for a while now. Until this time, it's only been available from my silk spinner in very small quantities. But now he's sending me several pounds. It's super pretty and the customers love it. Right now, it's just named Silk Lace. This is a lace weight yarn. It's 100% mulberry silk with great sheen and drape. The yarn is 2/20 count, that's two very thin plies spun together. I put it up in skeins of at least 100 grams, over 1000 yards. The best thing about it is that it's really strong, so you don't have to worry about breaking it when pulling out points on a fancy shawl.

But I don't know what to call it, and it's so fancy it needs a fancy name. Any ideas?

3 comments:

old lady said...

Splendiferous!

jennifer said...

Dogwood Flowers?

I want some.

Come back to Tangled Skein -- we miss you!

Nancy said...

How about Mulberry Mori? (When I googled silk+lace, the third entry was about cross-dressing. I don't think that's what you're going for.) Gorgeous stuff, btw.