Friday, May 07, 2010

Knitting while sick

Well, maybe not sick. I don't have a germ. What I have is a lot of stitches in my bum. I had a hemorrhoidectomy on Monday, and yes, that's as nasty as it sounds. In truth, the condition that prompted the surgery was nastier. Suffice it to say, the recovery is not nice. Some of it, however, is fun. They gave me percocet. This is a pretty strong pain killer that renders me basically inert. All I can really do on it is lay about and knit. Only knit. No purling. No fanciness. During my recovery, I've worked on and finished these:They're plain old socks done in Three Irish Girls Kells Merino Sport in the special colorway for The Yarn Spot in Wheaton, MD.

4 comments:

Kris said...

OUCH! at least you had knitting;)

Nancy said...

Ouch is right. Nice socks!

yarnorgy(Bethany) said...

Ditto to the ouch! Ugh!

GerryART said...

Merry Gentlemen, you didn't leave a way for me to contact you regarding Dutch.
Gerry