Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to work

Life here is some how continuing. Everything feels wrong and weird. We were so outrageously happy just a little while ago and then yesterday we buried our son. It's been devastating. I mean, what do you do when you become parents, and there's no child in your home? Someone is missing in this house, but we can't do anything about it but keep up hope for the future and keep our marriage strong. Elijah and I are zombies, barely keeping thoughts in our heads long enough to act on them. Despite all this, we keep getting up in the morning and going about our days however slowly and ineffectively we manage to move forward. Elijah is going back to work on Thursday. I'm starting to go about some of my normal routines of daily living, and today I'm working on getting Rock Creek Yarn back up and running after taking the winter off. Working should be good for me.

Some cool things with the yarn are happening around here. I've got two new sock yarns to introduce. And Rock Creek Yarn has been accepted to the Homespun Yarn Party next month, and we've been invited to come to a vendor's booth at Maryland Sheep and Wool this year (so I better get moving on that paperwork). One day soon I'm going to have to take yarn pictures, so I'll likely also get my 2009 FO's up here as well. On a brighter, sunnier day.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Maryland Sheep and Wool!?! I think that means you've really made it :-)

Dianne said...

Sending all of our love and warm thoughts to you both.
Sorry isn't enough.
Fondly,
Dianne
Co-ordinator for Sedalia

Unknown said...

I should be clear. I do not have a booth at Maryland Sheep and Wool. A larger operation has invited me to come to her booth and help out and have an opportunity to wholesale my yarn through her at the show. An awesome opportunity for little ole' Rock Creek Yarn.

yarnorgy(Bethany) said...

Thinking of you both sweetie...

RandomRanter said...

I'll see you at the yarn party. And I'm glad you feel like you can move forward, but it's hard, and it's okay for it to still be hard. (hugs)