Thursday, November 13, 2008

Darn! I hate it when that happens.


It's another pair of socks. This time it's my Rock n' Weave socks made of STR Jewel of the Nile. I've had these socks and worn them regularly for a long time. A very long time. But they finally blue out in the ball of the foot, as usual.

I guess I feel a need to mark the passing of each pair of socks with as much fanfare as I made when the were cast off.

I'll miss these socks. They wore like iron. I'll miss them. I guess it's a good thing that I have 3 skeins of the stuff secreted away in my stash.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

You need to learn to darn socks. I can show you. It's fun. Learned at stitches.

Maven said...

If not learning to darn socks, I recommend making a patch of felted wool and place that in the same spot, and make a repair. So you can continue wearing and enjoying your socks and perhaps the felted portion will prolong its life.

Just an idea.